There are so many reasons I am forever thankful that you chose me to be your mom. I love you to the moon and back, and pray everyday that you will grow with love, peace and joy in your heart and that you will be a light to others in this world.
And even though I could name 100 reasons I am grateful for you, here's the top 10.
1. you changed my life. In a good way. I've never been so confident and assured in who I am and why I am here. It's to be your mom. Everything that happened before was purposeful in leading up to you. And everything now is about you. You are my world, and you've brought me such peace in my life. It started when you were in my tummy; you just gave me a sense of calm. and I can't thank you enough for that.
2. You've deepened my faith. My walk with God has been a complicated one. He has been there throughout my life, but I was always wondering and questioning my role in the relationship. But, you've made it all so much more clear to me. God loves me in the same way I love you- it's boundless, endless, and merciful. I am so grateful to have this relationship with Him.
And I hope to help you find your own path with Him, because it's amazing.
3. You make me want more for myself. I take my job as your mother, and role model very seriously. I want to be someone that you can be proud of. You drive me everyday to be the best of myself and seek new goals and strive beyond my own expectations. I hope one day you will be proud of me (I realize that this will be after your teenage years).
4. You've shown me that I can do anything. 40 hours of all natural labor will do that to you I guess.
5. You're fearless. Amazingly and terrifyingly fearless. About the only thing that scares you is Santa Claus (and that's surely a phase). You keep me on my toes, and remind me to be a little more adventurous myself. We have so much fun.
8. You look just like us. and it's crazy. and wonderful. You are us. But, you are you as well. It's the most amazing thing to see.
9. You've reset my priorities. Life is not about things. It's about family. And you are my most amazing family. I would do anything for you.
10. Have I mentioned that you make me laugh? Like no one else can. Pure happiness.