So, if you don't know where to start, go to the bump.com or google "birth plan". And just because I love to over share, here's mine....
Birth Plan - Meagan R Jenks
Patient of Dr. Dorn
- I want my labor and delivery to be MEDICATION FREE.
- I would like to be free to walk around during labor.
- I wish to be able to move around and change position at will throughout labor.
- I would prefer to keep the number of vaginal exams to a minimum.
- I do not want an internal monitor unless Baby Jenks has shown some sign of distress.
- I would prefer intermittent fetal monitoring using a wireless device so I may move around.
Labor Augmentation/ Induction
- I would prefer to be allowed to try changing positions and other natural methods before Pitocin is administered.
- I realize that many pain medications exist. I'll ask for them if I need them.
- I would prefer not to have an episiotomy unless absolutely required for Baby Jenks's safety.
- I would like to be allowed to push when my body signals me to do so.
- But, if needed, I would appreciate guidance in when to push and when to stop pushing so the perineum can stretch.
- If possible, I would like to use perineal massage to help avoid the need for an episiotomy.
- I would like a local anesthetic to repair a tear or an episiotomy.
- During delivery, I would like to avoid usage of forceps and vacuum extraction.
- I would like to have Baby Jenks placed on my stomach/chest immediately after delivery.
Immediately After Delivery
- Wait to cut the cord after it stops pulsating.
- I would like to hold Baby Jenks while I deliver the placenta and any tissue repairs are made.
- If Baby Jenks must be taken from me to receive medical treatment, Jeremy Jenks- husband will accompany Baby Jenks at all times.
- I do not want Pitocin routinely administered to deliver the placenta unless signs of hemorrhaging are apparent.
- I plan to breastfeed Baby Jenks and would like to begin nursing immediately after birth.
- Unless medically necessary, I do not wish to have any bottles given to Baby Jenks (including glucose water or plain water).
- I do not want Baby Jenks to be given a pacifier.
- I do not want Baby Jenks to receive Antibiotic Eye Ointment (I will sign AMA)
- I do not want Baby Jenks to receive a Hep B shot
- Father-Jeremy Jenks would like to give/assist with first bath using our shampoo, soap and lotion (Burt’s Bees).
- I would like Baby Jenks handprints/footprints put in our baby book (provided).
Post a Comment
I love your comments!