In some sense, it seems like this time has flown by. I wake up everyday and Isla June is a day older, a week older, a month older. But, on the other hand, I feel like we have packed a whole lifetime into these 365 days. Life has changed. Forever changed. I have never felt this way about another human being, ever-and I really, really like my husband. She has changed my opinions and strengthened my convictions. I strive everyday to be the mother that she deserves. It hasn't been easy, and it hasn't always been fun. But it has been one great adventure.
So, here are a couple of things that have helped us get through this first year. Babies just need food,
- Angel Care Monitor- I would not be the laid-back easy-going mother that I am (ha!) without this item. Helps me rest at night (and let baby rest because I don't have to keep checking on her.) I can't say enough about this. And now they have a video option (we will be upgrading!)
- Babybjorn (or any carrier)- Isla June insisted on being carried/held for the first 4 weeks of her life. With the carrier, I could actually continue to be a productive human being and a good mommy! Plus, I was a carrier over a car seat/stroller mom. I loved having her right next to me when we were out and about.
- Amber teething necklace- I really do swear by this. I think it takes the "edge" off of teething.
- Camilia Teething tablets- we use these all the time! Chamomile is good for settling down your system, so we would use this to help Isla June wind down before bed. She loved them. Sometimes it was the only thing that would make her stop crying.
- Boppy- get it, love it.
- Bumbo Seat- I knew that this would come in handy, but WOW! We used this all the time. Probably the one item that traveled everywhere with us. We JUST upgraded to a high chair. The bobby was just too convenient.
- Swaddle blankets- we had to swaddle this girl for the first 4 months of her life. We used a few different kinds, so I can't recommend just one. But find one and buy a bunch!
- Tummy-time mat- We found a versatile mat that has walls, then could lay flat or be a tunnel, it was perfect. And we got so much use out of it. I loved that I had somewhere to put Isla June that would be safe and educational for her. A must have item.
- Burts Bee's Products- we love their soap, lotion, diaper cream (and chapstick for mommy!).
- Probiotics!!!!-If I could recommend one thing for your new baby, it would be probiotics. I mean, every mom should leave the hospital with them. They solved soooooo many problems for us: Colic, Thrush, Ear Infections. Isla June has been so happy and healthy this year and I fully attribute it to the Probiotics. What a Godsend. Do it, you won't regret it.
- Jogging Stroller- getting out of the house and exercising isn't always easy, especially as a working mom. So, having a stroller on hand for a quick jog around the block was essential.
What type of "tummy time" mat did you have? Been thinking about getting one. Starting the probiotics today. Excited about it.ReplyDelete
This might be a little late....oops! Our tummy time mat is from Target. It took me forever to find one that is gender neutral and not an arm and a leg! It's bright starts baby's play place.